Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How much is my old pc worth

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 masenz

masenz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hi. Im new on the forum. I want to sell my old pc but im not sure of the price to sell it at.

The computer is from around 2009 and is in good condition. Here are the specs

GPU:Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT(512MB)

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR

CPU:Pentium Dual Core E6300-2,8GHZ (In dxdiag it says(2CPU's) for some reason)

Ram:4GB (DDR2)
HD:Western Digital 320GB (WD3200AAKS)

Power Supply:400W(FSP ATX-400PNR)

Other:USB2.0
DVD RW 

Integrated Realtek Soundcard.

Ask any questions you need and let me know what would be a modest price to ask for this PC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Somewhere around $250-300?

I mean someone may pay that, you can get a better brand new one these days for around $4-500 so it would most likely be a hard sell.

#3 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi. Im new on the forum. I want to sell my old pc but im not sure of the price to sell it at.

The computer is from around 2009 and is in good condition. Here are the specs

GPU:Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT(512MB)

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR

CPU:Pentium Dual Core E6300-2,8GHZ (In dxdiag it says(2CPU's) for some reason)

Ram:4GB (DDR2)
HD:Western Digital 320GB (WD3200AAKS)

Power Supply:400W(FSP ATX-400PNR)

Other:USB2.0
DVD RW 

Integrated Realtek Soundcard.

Ask any questions you need and let me know what would be a modest price to ask for this PC

I would say closer to $100, I have close to the same system I built in 2008 and upgraded a bit since and at the time it cost me $500-600 and for that price now you could get a quad core, most decent dual-cores run around 250+ at Wal Mart and other places. Someone might pay more but it'd be a harder sell as GreenGiant mentioned.

#4 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I would say closer to $100, I have close to the same system I built in 2008 and upgraded a bit since and at the time it cost me $500-600 and for that price now you could get a quad core, most decent dual-cores run around 250+ at Wal Mart and other places. Someone might pay more but it'd be a harder sell as GreenGiant mentioned. 

Pretty sure this is a good estimate. Just finished my new system, which replaced a rig from 2006ish. Nvidia 8800gt's are selling for $25-$30 bucks on ebay now, the L775 mobo socket wont take any cpu more powerful than what's already in it, and the CPU's been overclocked for 7 years now so it may be on it's way out. Even if I find someone looking to buy antiquated parts, they just aren't worth that much anymore. 

I'm just packing my old components and selling em to friends for $10 a piece. You could probably get more, but I didn't think it'd bring in enough money to bother trying to sell. 

#5 wolfeking

wolfeking

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

A lot of what you will get depends on where you try to sell it. If you stick it on craigslist, you could likely get close to $200 for it. If you try to sell where the people know about computer components, you likely will get far closer to 100+ shipping. 

If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

I personally do not trust new products or webcams. This is why my desktop is 3 years old, and my laptops older than that. 

#6 jill8beans2

jill8beans2

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

I usually break down the parts, and sell them individually on eBay. Usually I can get $250-$300 for 4-5 year old parts.

Computers depreciate faster the cars, that is for sure.

Looking for the other side of my brain, have you seen it?

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hi, I know people that sell off the parts when they upgrade. They sell on ebay.

Do not forget to secure erase the hard drive to remove any personal information or files.

Also from a legal standpoint if You sell it with Windows installed You must supply the Windows Disk and Product Key AKA License.

I know people sell them without, however I would never Buy one with the Windows and Motherboard manual and drivers disk as well as the Video card disk.

I may be an exception But The last Used computer I sold I Included all the above and it also looked like new despite being several years old. My Laptop that I bought new still looks like new. I mention this since I saw no indication of how the computer looks. As with selling a used car, the condition affects price. Look on Ebay and get the prices for the parts, add them together and that is what it is worth.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#8 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Sad to think that your computer, Masenz, is an upgrade over the one I'm using now. On the other hand, for a four year old eMachines it still purrs like a kitten.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hi, Instead of selling it off, You could keep it as a spare, Pass it on to family, or Donate it.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users