Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Puzzling Situation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 macrip3

macrip3

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I have Bright house Networks for my internet connection and I have replaced the router twice and get the same problem.

I always have to reset my router soo often.  Do I need a router with a bridge?  Is my cable modem going bad?  It is not the router. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've had this problem a lot as well, do you own the router? In my experience, it's bad hardware on Bright House's side of things and possibly bad throughput. Their modems/routers tend to require a reset every so often. You can set things up to reset the modem after certain time intervals but I still prefer just manually power cycling the devices.

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

macrip3, what is the problem that keeps happening? What OS('s) are on your computer(s)?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users