Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Spooler Isn't Running

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bacchusman

bacchusman

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm using a Sony Vaio S Series Laptop with Windows Premium 7.  I'm unable to print anything.  When I click "print" on a Word file, sometimes the print dialog box shows up, but when I click on the "print" button, nothing happens.  Other times I can't even get the print dialog box to pop up.  I've gone through the computer management, services, process with the print spooler--where I get the message "Print Spooler Isn't Running"--and through task manager as well but I cannot resolve the problem.  I have an Epson 545 printer.  I also downloaded the printer drivers anew, but that produced no results.  I scanned the system with Avast! and it found no culprits.  HELP!!!  Don't know how to resolve this one.  Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Silly but basic question, have you rebooted both the printer and computer?

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

#3 bacchusman

bacchusman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yes, did both of those.  Will try one more time, tho.

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

Try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/89483-print-spooler-queue-clear-reset.html

Good Luck

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Something else to try, if you haven't already.

• Go back to "Services" and pull up the "Properties" window for "Print Spooler"
  • In the Print Spooler Properties window, select(click) the "Dependencies" tab
  • In the top pane, see what other services Print Spooler needs to have "started"
  • Back to "Services", make sure the required dependencies(services) are started and they are set to "automatic"

Mine is showing the dependencies needed as:

Remote Procedure Call(RPC)

DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper

Might also check in the "Event Viewer" to see if there are any errors pertaining to the Print Spooler or any of the required dependencies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users