Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Majorly Wrong Windows 8 PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 jillmarten

jillmarten

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hello, My Sister-In-Law asked me to look at my nephews computer, and I can't make heads or tails of it. I am not good with windows 8. It has some major Spyware malware problems. Normally i am pretty good at this type of thing. It has A LOT OF gaming things and downloads. Keeps restarting and repairing the system. I try to run malwarebytes but it keeps restarting on me. I think it did find some things before the restart. But windows 8 is so different than win7. It had mcAfee on it but only a trial version. So when it is all clean I have to put a new anti virus on here. There is a program called Optimizer Pro, that keeps popping up. I just don't know where to start and what to do. It will keep restarting and once it does every once and while it will have a bunch of software registry errors. PLEASE HELP. I don't know what to do... teenagers and computers is what this is... Some thing called File Scout also keeps popping up. It also keeps freezing.

Edited by jillmarten, 15 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Jill M***Butterfly Kisses

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hello Jill, lets try this.

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested in this guide on another computer and then transfer them to the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.

Before we can do anything we must first end the processes that belong to PCoptimizer 2010 so that it does not interfere with the cleaning procedure. To do this, please download RKill to your desktop from the following link.

RKill Download Link - (Download page will open in a new tab or browser window.)

When at the download page, click on the Download Now button labeled iExplore.exe download link. When you are prompted where to save it, please save it on your desktop.

Once it is downloaded, double-click on the iExplore.exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with PCoptimizer 2010 and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that RKill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by PCoptimizer 2010 when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close RKill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run RKill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate PCoptimizer 2010 . So, please try running RKill until the malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of the guide. If you continue having problems running RKill, you can download the other renamed versions of RKill from the rkill download page. All of the files are renamed copies of RKill, which you can try instead. Please note that the download page will open in a new browser window or tab.

Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again.

Try ruing MBAM (malwarebytes) now.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jillmarten

jillmarten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Okay will do this now. Thanks for responding

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

:thumbup2: no problem.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jillmarten

jillmarten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

If this works and Malwarebytes runs all the way thru what should I do then? Post what it has done?

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Remove what is finds and post the scan log.

◾When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
◾Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
◾When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
◾The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
◾Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
◾Exit Malwarebytes when done.

#7 jillmarten

jillmarten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Okay, If I can get it to work. I put the flash drive in the computer and it shut the computer off. And I know the flash drive works fine because I downloaded the filed from my computer. it shut the computer down and restarted it, and analyzed and fixed the disk it said. It brought up the password screen after all that I entered the password and now all I get when it logs in to windows 8 is some Instant On Icon in the top right corner (some other weird software nephew downloaded) and an all black screen.  Now what?  so confused...

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ok,, I am going to ask a colleague to look here. There is another process.

#9 jillmarten

jillmarten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Ok thanks

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

You're welcome. probably will not be tonight.

#11 jillmarten

jillmarten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Okay I will wait to hear from you then....

#12 jillmarten

jillmarten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

OH MY OH MY!!! I didn't realize how much junk is actually on this PC. tried to start the computer up, it started up today. IT IS SO SLOW. This kid has a serious downloading problem. most of these programs should go. in my opinion. will need your help on that tho. I mean it is so slow, screen goes black if u try to do to much. I was able to get in and disable a lot of the junk startup programs so I could move around a little faster. Was able to load it up then get on chrome with the computer because when I use the flash drive it restarts the computer, why I don't know. so I downloaded RKill just like u said it is running now taking awhile tho. there done. now going to run malwarebytes like u said before. and will  post my findings. 

#13 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hi, lets see if some of the junk can be removed with the following. :)

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Search and when done on Report.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt as well.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#14 jillmarten

jillmarten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Okay having a hard time posting my scan results to here from the malwarebytes scan . My own pc keeps freezing after posting. Like something is wrong with the website. I ran that scan when i was sleeping. Last night before i Went to sleep

#15 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Please leave that out for now, try to run AdwCleaner as instructed. If you can't post the log from that either, just click the Clean button and let it clean all found items.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users