Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do you like Hiren's? You'll love this.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ijjy303

ijjy303

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

What do you all think of my custom repair cd/iso?
I'm just about done with many hours creating a one stop shop multiboot iso for computer diagnostics. This will make my job easier and workplace cleaner. I named it BullDozer after my brother (Jozer the BullDozer) but that got changed to B.L.D.Z.R after I stumbled upon the use of an acronym. "Boot Loader Disc of Zenith Repair"

CDv Multiboot Iso Info
Interface: PICTURE
Total Size: 601MB
Includes: The iso's you see in the picture as well as 30+ installers (171MB) for Diagnostic, Virus Removal, Recovery software, etc...
Seven: Win 7 64Bit repair only, Linux: Commodo for boottime & data transfer, Active@ = Disk cloning & Windows pswrd removal.

DVDv includes:
XP: Home, Pro, Repair & install
Vista HP: 32bit & 64bit, repair only.
Win 7: 32bit & 64bit, repair only.
And more installers!

DVD-DLv (mainly laptops) includes:
All of the previous plus BackTrack 5 and/or TechTools for Mac, etc...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

While as repair kit, this appears useful, without knowing how exactly you created this, please keep in mind that the usage of copyright-protected files in a package as you have is only allowed if you create it using the original source (Windows installation disk). From the screenshot it appears you use a linux environment, but the usage of Windows install/recovery applications is subject to Microsoft's EULA which prohibits distributing files that belong to this software.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 ijjy303

ijjy303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

The previous post makes sense for installing windows, I don't know if it is applicable to my setup but the provided Windows 7 is repair ONLY. Created from a licensed and registered version of Win 7. MicroSoft likely still includes this in their EULA but I'll take the risk. You have any other alternatives that will repair the Win 7 MBR/Boot? Run chkdsk/sfc scannow?

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

There are various ways to do this really. The best freeware utility that will run on both Windows and Linux hosts is TestDisk.

For some things, like a BCD repair (when a backup isn't available) you can only use a Windows environment though. Repair disks are perfectly legit, but may not be redistributed, you can only create one legitimately if have a valid Windows installation that supports this feature (generally speaking).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hey, it looks pretty handy to me... nice one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users