Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista lost passwords for 2 log accounts, cannot log onto windows

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ellcee

Ellcee

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi I would love some help please. An ex employee set up two user accounts on the computer and did not leave passwords for either account. I cannot log onto windows. I can boot up in safe mode using the F8 key but when I choose SAFE MODE or SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT it runs through the files and then opens up to the vista log on screen again. I don't get an option to use command prompt. Is there any way I can re-set these two passwords or at least the administrator password in Safe Mode? Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

If this is a business computer, then I would just reinstall from the recovery image on the computer and setup the PC as new, no telling what they installed that could provide them access to your network. Its the secure way to do things.

#3 Ellcee

Ellcee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi, i have booted up using F8 and selected the recovery option and I can see all the user names in system recovery options. I have user names: administrator, guest, IUSR_NMPR, tony, and the business name. As the employee had administrator access he has changed all of the passwords so I cannot even log on as the guest. Is there any way I can set up a new user or reset the administrator password. I also do not have the windows vista installation disk?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

I would recommend that you go out and buy one, or contact the manufacturer of the PC to see if there is one that they can send you for all your PC's so when an employee leaves you can remove the OS and then start new to prevent security breaches.

But to change the passwords you can use The Ultimate Boot CD and the password recovery tool that is on there.

ISO Recorder Canned Speech:

Here is how to use ISO Recorder which can be downloaded from Here. Just pick the version right for your Operating system and computer.

1) First install it which is rather easy compared to most programs. There are no Free Applications bundled with this like toolbars and such.

installation_step_1.png

Installation Step Two where you pick the directory to install it to, and the access level. I would select the default attributes.

installation_step_2.png

Confirming that you want to installation.

confirmation_of_installation.png

Installation Complete

installation_complete.png

2) Selecting a file to burn. You will need to right click on a a file as seen below and select copy image to CD/DVD

burning_a_file.png

3) Options window for ISO Recorder I would suggest leaving the default values checked or selected.

burn_cd_dvd_iso_recorder.png

4) Progression of Burn.

progress_of_burn.png

5) Completion of Burn.

completion_of_burn.png

As you can see this is a very easy program to use and master.

Edited by cryptodan, 14 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#5 Ellcee

Ellcee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't have access to the internet to download the software. Is there anyway I can change the password or re-set from the ms dos screen 'advanced boot options' ?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

How are you accessing the internet right now to post?

Edited by cryptodan, 14 October 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#7 Ellcee

Ellcee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

I am accessing the internet from my iPad.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

So how many computers does your office have, and do you have a computer at home?

#9 Ellcee

Ellcee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

We are a small office with 3 employees only one person here can use a computer. I work from another office in a different state and I have a computer there? I also have a computer at home, 1000km from where I am.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

So the computer in question is the one where you are now? You may have to download the image and burn it from a cyber cafe or a local library.

#11 Ellcee

Ellcee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users