Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Deleting 2 Viruses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mz.jdavis

mz.jdavis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have had Zone Alarm Security Suite Antivirus-Antispyware Protection for about 4years without any problems. I am very satisfied with this product. I recently ran a Full Scan with archives. The results indicated under "Computer" there were 2 viruses that were treated. I contacted ZA Chat Tech support to try to delete the viruses completely but was unsuccessful. There was also 1 infection quarantined that I was able to delete. I contacted ZA tech support last week to see if there was another option. They recommended installing Malwarebytes, which I already had, Bleeping Computer.com, and Microsoft toll free # for PC Safety. This is my first attempt using Bleeping Computer. I just want to clear/delete the 2 treated viruses indicated. Can you help? I am NOT computer savvy or tech advanced, so, it is very frustrating for me to try to follow instructions from highly advanced tech support agents that are impatient or I don't understand their instructions. OR does it matter because after every scan I have run both ZA and Malware no viruses are detected. Please respond. Thank you! mz.jdavis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

First can you post the logs from Malwarebytes and other tools that detected malware?

#3 mz.jdavis

mz.jdavis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Zone Alarm has the information I believe you are referring to but I'm not sure how to post the information on this website. I would need specific ,simplified step by step instructions how to do it.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Here is how to view the logs that Zone Alarm takes when there are events:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/inclient/ZA_HelpCenter/aspy_progress_scan.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users