Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista will not start

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ihatemicrosoft57

ihatemicrosoft57

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hello:

First off, I apologize for the user name but I'm a little angry right now...I have a Toshiba laptop runnning Windows Vista Home Basic,SP2 that is almost 4 years old and the operating system will not start.  I get a blue screen that says "Unmountable Boot Volume"  then the screen goes blank.  I have tried hitting F8 and then: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with command prompt, Boot logging, and Last known Good Configuration, all get the blue screen.  When I don't hit F8, I get two options: Windows Repair and Start windows normally.  Both options get me the blue screen.  Unfortunately, I don't have a boot disk since Windows was installed on the laptop when I bought it.  The only change I can think off that have been made recently is 26 Updates from Microsoft that suddenly appeared and were installed about four days ago.  I don't know how to tell if the hard drive is failing (or already gone). 

Any suggestions to get it going or to recover data would be appreciated.

I have been keeping home PCs running for over 20 years now and I'm really getting tired of it.  For the first time I'm looking at Macs...

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users