Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LPK.dll missing try reinstalling

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 smiliey

smiliey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Not sure exactly what happened.  I did a search on the computer. the lpk.dll is in the system32 file. so why does it keep popping up no matter what program I want to run.  Every one of them says a file name and then system error.  I tried to restore to an earlier date, but this does not fix the problem.  I ran Superantispyware and it did not fix the problem.  I was able to do this in safe mode with networking, which is where I am now. I ran the windows updates today, and was attempting to get the new ie 10, and it hung up so I shut the computer down and hoped that it would straighten itself out.  When I returned I could not get on the internet.  I checked the router and it was just fine.  What is this lpk.dll??? anyone have any ideas what has caused this, and are there any for sure cures??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Since...it seems that you haven't provided many details concerning "the problem", only a history of your reaction to the problem...let's start with that.

When does/did error message occur?  What does the system fail to do because of this "error"?  System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 smiliey

smiliey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Windows 7, hp Laptop.It is an i7

Installed IE10, which gave me a lot of popups, so I did a restore to an earlier date.  After which, I discovered the lpk.dill was missing.  I did a search and it is in the system 32 file.  I also, copied LPK.dll from another computer and pasted it to my desktop.  I then removed the restore., which did not take - the message was: 

"The program can't start because lpk.dll is missing from your computer  Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem." 

Each program I try to run on the upper left side is the exe file name and then it says System Error

Ok now it will not run a program.  After a long wait the box appears for example

Googleupdate.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) occured in the application at location 0x76c41f

I can get to the internet after a long long wait.   It locks up - resulting in the long wait. I also get this same message sometimes.

What can I try to run to pin point this problem to fix it. 

The laptop is running IE 10.

Edited by smiliey, 14 October 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Try running System File Checker. Type CMD in search box and click on Run As Administrator. When the command prompt window opens you will need to

type sfc /scannow (note space between 'c' and '/'). Allow it to run. You may have to run it 2 to 3 times.

LPK.dll has to do with language pack.

Hope this resolves your issue.

#5 smiliey

smiliey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

It is running now,

just wanted to let you know I got this pop up window, while it is scanning, the same as above.  I will need to restart to see if  your suggestion works.  It will be a few minutes before I can reboot.

Oh another piece of information the exe file that the LPK.dll was under is DPAgent.exe, which has to do with the finger print scanner on the laptop.. I know the other from my google research is the language pack, I don't see what one has to do with the other.   My IE 10 goes into a mode which allows popups even thought I have it checked off not to allow them, so I go into private browsing.  There are no pop ups there. 

This is what the scan said Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.  For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Ran a second time, did not find anything.  Good sign, now I need to reboot......

Great Job, that did it for now, just got to control those popups in IE 10.  Thank you, Thank You........ both me and my computer are now pretty happy.....

Edited by smiliey, 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#6 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Glad to have been of help. :)

#7 banana warrior

banana warrior

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

Try running System File Checker. Type CMD in search box and click on Run As Administrator. When the command prompt window opens you will need to

type sfc /scannow (note space between 'c' and '/'). Allow it to run. You may have to run it 2 to 3 times.

LPK.dll has to do with language pack.

Hope this resolves your issue.

thank y u r awesome dude

#8 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

You are very welcome. :thumbsup:

#9 winx62

winx62

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I have this same issue. I start the SFC /scannow and it begins the verification phase. Once it gets to 58% I get "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" and the scan ends.

I've tried 3 times, any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Dane

#10 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

When trying to run System File Checker please ensure that you type sfc space /scannow. If you still experience a problem please refer to this link as it may resolve your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/sfcscannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not/83d1d25b-965a-446b-befc-c5ed7832f14e

If the problem persists it would be advisable to create your own topic to include all pertinent info.

Good Luck

Edited by sikntired, 28 October 2013 - 06:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users