Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard replcd and several parts related to Win 7...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LeeWilliams

LeeWilliams

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Had a technician rplc my motherboard and related parts, because  I was having lengthy startup problems, and they (Staples warranty people) had decided that is what I needed.

I am using Firefox at present and my startup time has not improved and the tech advised me that I will probably need to do a system recovery with the orig cds for everything to work properly. At present when  I sign into my cox home page which is on IE it does not show under the help.  Simply shows "about Firefox!"

I previously had Windows 7 home premium with IE 9.0 and now it does not seem to be there.  Does that mean  I have lost the Windows portion of my computer?  I have a backup on my external drive with Seagate Disc Wizard.  Anyone familiar with it and how much gets reinstalled if it has taken a "picture" of my computer.

Lee

Edited by hamluis, 14 October 2013 - 09:32 AM.
Removed formatting for readability - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users