Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor displays VGA and DVI input has no input signal monitor going to sleep?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 M0nCh1Z

M0nCh1Z

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Pc: HP Pavilion a6110n PC::: Two weeks ago pixels started to appear and I had to reboot the pc so that the pixels would go away and they did. This happen like 4 times in two week. But two days ago I was in YouTube or google and then color striking began to appear until the entire screen was full of just colors moving fast like horizontal and then they stop and my screen looked like a picture with a bunch of colors, I had to turn off the PC and when I turned on my pc monitor displays: monitor status - VGA and DVI input has no input signal. I already tried a new monitor but still the same. Then I thought that it might be the onboard VGA port from the motherboard. So I bought I graphics card for normal use. And still I get the same result. I also cleaned the memory DIMMS with q-tip and rubbing alcohol. And I still get the same result. What could the problem be? Is there any solution to this problem? Cause I need this pc to be running ASAP. I have my Homework there and I need it by Wednesday :(.... I hope you guys have a Solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hello :)

Have you tried a different cable? What graphics card did you get?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

If it gets to the last minute, you might need to remove the hard drive and connect it to a friends computer. As long as you don't have it encrypted you should be able to copy your documents onto a flash drive or email them to your email account so that you can have them on hand.

#4 M0nCh1Z

M0nCh1Z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

yes I already tried a new cable but still have the problem. The graphic card is a GALAXY nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 1GB Frame Buffer, GC, LP. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users