Maurice Naggar has given the following advice to a lady having a similar problem to me:
Hi ****, and welcome to Bleepingcomputer forum.
Please review and do the following:
For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
Enter System Recovery Options.
To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
- Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
- Select your user account an click Next.
I have downloaded the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to flash drive and started up my laptop with the usb stick inserted. I kept pressing F8 but I get a black screen with the following on it:
"No bootable partition in table_"
Can anyone help me get further...I'm tearing my hair out!!!
Edited by hamluis, 14 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.