Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recover lost data/files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 papoazul

papoazul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Recently I reformatted my pc- upgraded from windows xp to windows 7-however the person who did it, failed to save my files. So he did a file recovery, but I did not get a lot of my files back-mainly word documents and pdf files. I would like to try a good software which can help me to retrieve my files. Some of the most popular are; Stellar Phoenix, R- Studio, Recorver my FIles, Recuva, Data Rescue,

Virtual Lab and Tenoshare Data Recovery. Can anyone give me valuable information regarding these products, which one is the best etc,

thanks

Papoazul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Recuva is the only solid choice that I have any experience with.

Of ccourse...there is no guarantee of success with any program/effort.

Louis

#3 syncmaster57

syncmaster57

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

Other suitable approach that you can opt is use Kernel for Windows Data Recovery Software for the recovery of your data from any of the storage device which has windows file system.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

My most recent usage was Recuva on an older XP, and it did bring back many items.

Just be slow and take care that the programs will match Windows 7 format -

Some will not .......

Edited by noknojon, 15 October 2013 - 12:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users