Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Join two mp3 files together ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cuhkwan

cuhkwan

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi forum,

I got a problem for my sound track.  I got an X mp3 file and Y mp3 file.  I want to make just one file with X goes first, then 20 minutes silent followed, then Y mp3 at the end.

Does anyone know how can I do it ?  I only can find the mp3 cutter/ ripper, but not a joint tool to do it.  Last, I have no idea how can I make a 20 min silent period in between X and Y.  Te output should be just one file, all in one file.

Thanks forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 straightupwv

straightupwv

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

There's a wonderful free program called Audacity that can do the job.  It's at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/  I've been using it for years.  it's totally spyware and malware free.  You can import your X file, create 20 minutes of silence and then import your Y file and paste it to the end of your silence.

Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.

#3 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hey there cuhkwan, I want to also toss in a +1 on Audacity, I've been getting more and more familiar with it over the past several months and just did my first multi-track (chock full o' SFX) and exported everything to one file, which sounded great.

It can be a little overwhelming at first glance but since it would appear you are creating soundtracks, I think you will have no problems working with it.

And, as straightupwv pointed out, it's free!

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#4 woorold

woorold

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

1. This guide can help you join multiple MP3 files into one.

It also applies to join WAV, AAC, AC3, M4A, WMA, DTS, FLAC, M4B, AIFF, CAF, etc.

2. If you use HandBrake, it also can join MP3 files.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:51 AM

You will be able to this in audacity and actually fun doing it.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users