Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smartphones won't play music

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zakisbak

zakisbak

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

I have a website with music on it;the music plays fine,but not on smartphones.
Apparently the smartphones must have flash player.

1 - Don't most/all phones have this anyway?
2 - What's the best way that I can get my tunes to play on the most smartphones,tablets etc?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

The best recommendation I have for you is to build a mobile friendly website with no huge downloads and what not. THat will make data usage rather small for many of us that do not have unlimited data.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Don't most/all phones have this anyway?

No. Windows based devices never had it, it was removed from Android by Adobe, Pretty sure no Apple devices ever had it either. Adobe quite supporting mobile devices 2 years ago or so.

What's the best way that I can get my tunes to play on the most smartphones,tablets etc?

HTML5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users