Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Japanese Word Virus icons internet explorer all in Japanese

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Terri613

Terri613

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

..two icons appeared on a friend's desktop both in Japanese, when he clicked on them (foolish, I know), the browser opened up all in Japanese, even the whole site was in Japanese, we are in America btw..so that is for start..he cannot delete anything nor does an MS essential scan indicated any viruses, (that was his choice of security, no maleware security.... He thinks they appeared after he saw a message asking him to download java OR Adobe Flash, cannot remember he said.. I know it has to be a virus of some sort, there also there are two other icons that have Internet Explorer, he put neither there, ..there is more info, but being an older man he wasn't very knowledgeable, but he could not get his computer past this point, it is locked up..so for starts, this is probably a virus? I cannot seem to locate this particular problem...any thoughts so far on this PLEASE?? sorry for being so vague.  thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users