Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

backup cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GUITARLEY

GUITARLEY

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this site.  I have a worn Windows xp sp 2 cd that won't load.  I had a hard drive failure and need to try to copy the cd to make a bootable copy.  What's the simplest way to do it?

Thanks,

GUITARLEY

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

If the optical drive can't read the disc you are not going to be able to make a copy of it.

You can try using a paste car wax on the disc to see if it can cleanup some of the surface wear.

What is the make of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 GUITARLEY

GUITARLEY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

It's a creation station from sweetwater sound.  Bad thing is the new hard drive has no operating system on it so I'll have to look at the hardware and try to find more details as to what that is.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Was this installation disk provided by Sweetwater Sound?

If it was, you may be able to get them to send you another copy.

Another option would be to go to your local computer shop and see if they would burn you a copy since you have a valid product key.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users