Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to install fresh windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Silverneo

Silverneo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ok ive done this before 100 times.  But this is different for some reason.  I believe on the hard drive the motherboard drivers for the SATA drives are gone.  I think this is due to a virus or something.  This is on a Acer Aspire 3450-UR30P. When I try to install windows it does not find the disk drives.  I have 2 Sata Western Digital Drives connected correctly.  I have checked the cables and replaced them and still does not see them.  Also trying to boot from the drive with windows still on it I get BootMGR is missing. I been trying to find all the drivers I would need (not in a .exe file) and throw them on my flash drive or even a disk and have the windows installation program grab the drivers from there.  This computer did not come with a Acer Windows 7 Recovery disk.  And for some stupid reason they want 20 bucks for it which I tried to do but their site is messed up and would not put the payment through.  Im starting to lose hair now......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Are the drives detected in the BIOS?

#3 Silverneo

Silverneo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I can see them in the bios.  And ive switched between them to make sure the proper one is booting first. Its happening during the initial Windows setup when its looking for a partition.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Were they ever in a RAID Setup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users