Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything is running as elevated ... why?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Mohr

Bryan Mohr

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

I recently had a problem where my graphics driver decided not to install the update after it removed the working version, now I can't get any version to install. But, that's a different issue (maybe connected though). I just went through and did a full virus scan using pretty much every boot cd I have at hand, as well as malwarebytes (oh, and that's another issue to work on later) and superantispyware. None found any problems except the usual tracking webpages ... nothing major. Ok, so after rebooting after all of that, everything is running in Admin mode! I'm still logging in with my normal username and the Administrator account is still disabled. But if I go to open a cmd prompt I see that the command will run with elevated privs. I can't figure out why. Does anyone have any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Is this elevated privileges or elevated permissions? 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Bryan Mohr

Bryan Mohr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Well, I might have fixed at least that part of the problem.  I ran tweaking.com AIO fixer and so far it looks like that issue may have been resolved. I still have the graphics driver problem and MalwareBytes, but I'll make separate posts for those and continue this one again if there's still a problem.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Bryan Mohr

Bryan Mohr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

That's strange. I normally always have Speccy installed on all my machines but this time I had to re-install it. Oh well. Anyway, here's the screenshot:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/sUoJSHvxWvQDig4KegYvhYa

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Mentioning strange... your motherboard requires a discrete graphics card, but the Speccy doesn't show a graphics card.

Do you know what graphics card is installed?

#7 Bryan Mohr

Bryan Mohr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Yes. It's the nVidia GTX 560. It was working just fine for quite awhile, then I decided to do the recommended upgrade to the later driver version and that's when that problem began. The driver always fails installing, no matter what I've tried. So far nVidia can't figure that out either.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Did you uninstall the Nvidia drivers before installing the new ones?

Before installing the new drivers you must uninstall the old ones.  Windows has a native graphics driver which will take the place of the Nvidia drivers while you install the new drivers.  

Depending on the version it will be necessary to uninstall the Graphics Driver last.  To be on the safe side I would suggest uninstalling the Graphics Driver last.

Nvidia_zps01e691da.png

You should download the new drivers first, but don't install them until all of the old drivers are uninstalled.  To assure that you are downloading the correct drivers I would suggest using Nvidia's  Smart Scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users