Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stolen Bandwidth

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pheru

Pheru

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

I use a Networx monitor on my computer and usually use like 2-3 gigs a day, left my computer running while i went to sleep, When i woke up i looked at my Networx monitor and noticed it read a 300giabyte Download and upload amount since I went to sleep, this started like 30 mins after i left my computer idle and stopped when i started working on it, It shows me hourly usage and says that like 50-70 gigs an hour were being used, What happened? What caused this? and HOW DO I FIX IT?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm not familiar with the Networx software but a 300 Gb download received must be pertaining to the overall or including the past activity similar to the Windows Network connection status.

Tekken

#3 Pheru

Pheru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

No i looked at my hourly report and it says that it was using 50-70 gigs an hour for about 5 hours, It's not total or all history combined

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Open Task Manager and check the Network tab Bytes sent, received throughput to compare the readings. The Network connection status for wired or wireless would also show your sent and received data.

ZOThqin.jpg

Tekken

#5 Pheru

Pheru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

I know how muchy i sent and recieved what i need to know is why and who was sending this

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

It depends on what programs, browsers or process needs background updating. The Network acitivity Sent and Received is similar to the Networx task query from your original post. Netstat command and Process Explorer might be able to distingush the background packets including this article to help you understand if there are certain unknown connections.

* Click Users and tick User name ID instead of All Users.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users