Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Is Slowing My System Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Seekri

Seekri

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

My computer has lagged miserably ever since BHODemon threw some sort of an error at me, after sitting in the taskbar for a minute or two trying (and failing) to start up. I didn't think much about it, because the program worked well when I started it manually, but now the slowness is beginning to get annoying. It took me about 10 hours to go through the steps of your Preparation Guide, because running one system check can take over two hours, and that's why I skipped Panda Anti Virus and my own anti-virus program.

I'm not sure what else I could tell you, except that System Idle Process hardly ever goes below 98% anymore, unless some other process (usually Nvcoas.exe) is sharing the CPU usage. I read somewhere that it's normal, but I keep the Task Manager open very often, and I've never seen anything like this before.

Sorry about the vague details, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

---

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 19:46:41, on 28.4.2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\Norman\Npf\BIN\NPFSVICE.EXE
C:\Norman\bin\ZANDA.EXE
C:\Norman\Nvc\BIN\NVCSCHED.EXE
C:\Norman\Nvc\BIN\nipsvc.exe
C:\Norman\bin\NJEEVES.EXE
C:\Norman\Nvc\bin\nvcoas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Norman\bin\ZLH.EXE
C:\ati-cpanel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Norman\Nvc\BIN\NIP.EXE
C:\Norman\Nvc\bin\cclaw.exe
C:\Program Files\SMC\SMCWPCI-G 54Mbps Wireless PCI adapter\Monitor.exe
C:\Norman\Npf\BIN\npfmsg2.exe
C:\Program Files\BHODemon 2\BHODemon.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.urbandead.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 201.221.142.128:3128
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Linkit
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norman ZANDA] C:\Norman\bin\ZLH.EXE /LOAD /SPLASH
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\ati-cpanel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: BHODemon 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\BHODemon 2\BHODemon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: EPSON Status Monitor 3 Ympäristötarkistus 2.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\E_SRCV02.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: SMCWPCI-G 54Mbps Wireless PCI adapter.lnk = C:\Program Files\SMC\SMCWPCI-G 54Mbps Wireless PCI adapter\Monitor.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_03\bin\npjpi141_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_03\bin\npjpi141_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Norman API-hooking helper (NipSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Norman\Nvc\BIN\nipsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norman NJeeves - Unknown owner - C:\Norman\bin\NJEEVES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norman Type-R - Unknown owner - C:\Norman\Npf\BIN\NPFSVICE.EXE
O23 - Service: Norman ZANDA - Unknown owner - C:\Norman\bin\ZANDA.EXE
O23 - Service: Norman Virus Control on-access component (nvcoas) - Norman ASA - C:\Norman\Nvc\bin\nvcoas.exe
O23 - Service: Norman Virus Control Scheduler (NVCScheduler) - Norman Data Defense Systems - C:\Norman\Nvc\BIN\NVCSCHED.EXE

Edited by Seekri, 28 April 2006 - 12:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:24 AM

Hello Seekri and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I see no signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.

The System Idle Process should be at or near 100% when no programs are running. This means that the CPU is not processing anything for any of the running processes.

The only thing I see that you might want to do is update the Java version installed. The current versionis outdated and there have been a few security fixes in the latest version.

I recommend posting a question in the XP forum. They can assist with non-malware related performance issues. Let them know that you have been to this forum and no malware was found.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users