Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DUST

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Does dust make a computer spaz out, overheat the CPU, freeze the computer, then make my bedroom smell burnt?

:/

Then when I tried turning it back on after 10 minutes the computer lights were going crazy and it would keep shutting down and starting up every whatever part of a second.

I opened up my case, removed a LOT of dust, found that a wire had been broken, so I 'fixed' it, I guess you could say, and it's working fine now.

I'm just glad my CPU didn't burn out again and force me to get another one!

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Gotta keep your PC "blown out" with a can of compressed air periodically to avoid that. NEVER use a vacuumn or the likes to try and "suck" it out.

edit: I use one of these > Metro DataVac Electric Duster > http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.XMetro+DataVac&_nkw=Metro+DataVac&_sacat=0&_from=R40

:tophat:

Edited by caintry_boy, 12 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#3 Bush Lady

Bush Lady

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Where are you suppose to get a can of compressed air from

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Amazon, Office Depot, Best Buy, Staples, WalMart, Target.....

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Where are you suppose to get a can of compressed air from

I have seen can compressed air at walmart I have not purchased any yet but I will soon. Don't remember how much it cost. but not to pricey I do know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users