How to Remove Qvo6.com Browser Hijacker
using RKill, immediately followed by AdwCleaner...then sc-cleaner.exe icon that will now be on your desktop. If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you sc-cleaner (Shortcut Cleaner) to scan your computer for hijacked shortcuts and clean them.
The Qvo6.com Browser Hijacker creates numerous entries and modifications to Windows Registry. As such, after removing it, you may have to remove the QVo6 url path (h**p://www .qvo6.com/?utm) from Internet Explorer's Shortcut Target path if present or it will keep coming back each time you launch the browser. Removing the shortcut is noted at the bottom of Qvo6.com's Uninstall instructions
In Internet Explorer the Shortcut tab in properties will look something like this.
1. Right click on Internet Explorer's Taskbar icon (shortcut) and choose Properties.
2. In the Shortcut tab you will see Target location with h**p://www .qvo6.com/?utm at the end.
3. Delete everything after ...iexplore.exe".
Windows 7 Target path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
Windows XP Target path: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
If using Chrome do this:
1. Go to Customize and Control Google Chrome in the top right corner of the screen...under the X is a button with 3 horizontal lines. Go to Settings, then "On startup" click the link to "see pages". Add www.google.com as the new website page, make it the selection and delete anything related to qv06.
2. Go back to the same place, this time in Settings go to "Search" and click on the link to "Manage Search Engines". Make Google the default and delete everything else.
3. Close your browser and right-click the icon on the Desktop to open properties.
4. In properties there will be 6 tabs at the top of the page (General, Security, Details, etc.) Click on "shortcut" and look for the box that says target.
The part that shows "C:\Users\Catnes\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" is correct.
The part that shows "h**p://www .qvo6.com/?utm" needs to be removed. Delete it and click Apply.
More screenshots of browser cleanup steps (to include Firefox) can be found in this removal guide
. Note You can skip the last step for downloading and scanning with Hitman Pro if the above steps worked.