Extremely slow boot time (with black screen) and Sweetpacks toolbar
First, be aware that your (very nice) mother, or another user has downloaded this beside other programs by just ticking OK -
It is not your mothers fault in general, as there has been a minefield created out there recently and it includes many otherwise unknown or unheard of toolbars and minor "infections" that are included with everything from kids games to sewing hints -
We can run a few quick toolbar and minor problem clean-ups, to see if these give a bit of help and remove some items - You may have used these but we will still run through them again.
First - Please read and follow How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus
Now Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu to your desktop
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe Icon and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
* Close all open programs and internet browsers.
* Double click on AdwCleaner.exe Icon to run the tool.
* Click on Scan button. (Now Untick any programs you need)
* When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
* NOTE : Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
* Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
* You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S0].txt as well.
If I OK the final log, please click the Uninstall button to fully remove all found infections, and the program
While your Antivirus is currently disabled we can run this scanner -
Use Internet Explorer to Scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
1. Hold down Control key and click HERE to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2. Click the ESET Online Scanner button.
3. NOTE :.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- 3.a. Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- 3.b .Double click on the ESET Online Scanner icon on your desktop.
5. Click the Start button.
6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7. Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8. Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9. ESET will then install itself, download updates for itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this will take some time to download the program for a first time, and then download updated data base (1 to 3 hours is not unusual)
10. When the scan completes, click List Threats
11. Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.
- Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12. Click the Back button.
13. Click the Finish button
Now be sure to Re-enable and Update your own Antivirus again -
Thank You -