Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Pro Service Pack 1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cuhkwan

cuhkwan

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

Hi forum,

I just update my Win7 Pro service pack 1.  However, I did not know what was the difference between Win7 Pro and Win7 Pro service pack 1.

It would be great if you can tell me so.

Thanks!

Edited by cuhkwan, 11 October 2013 - 04:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Hello cuhkwan -
Windows 7 SP1 is just the version of Windows 7 that is the current updated version .......

SP1 was first introduced about 18 months ago via normal Windows Updates

You can read some of the basic information From Wiki

If you have Windows Updates enabled, then it should automatically install, and allow you to keep up with all other Windows Updates. If you ever had XP or Vista, then you would be aware that XP had 3 Service Pack upgrades and Vista had 2 service Pack upgrades during there lifetime.

Also see Notable Changes in SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
Hotfixes and Security Updates Included in SP1 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
Release Notes for Windows 7 with SP1

Thank You -

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

The following is a quote from the Windows website.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an important update that includes previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Windows 7. SP1 also includes new improvements to features and services in Windows 7, such as improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing using the XPS Viewer, and restoring previous folders in WindowsExplorer after restarting.

Hope this helps you to understand what the service pack is.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users