Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Huge problems with digital signatures/corrupted or damaged files etc. Help! :)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SurSokk

SurSokk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hello.

Recently I have had some big issues with my computer. The computer has gotten slow (especially in games and heavy softwares) and it has huge problems updating computer softwares and installing them. In many online games, my fps often drop under 10. Can outdated drivers cause this? I have tried to update my drivers (I have Intel Core I5 2500k and ATI HD Radeon 5700), but then the screen got all messed up so I had to do system restore.

I also feel like I have lost some administrational rights, since it often occur that I cant open folders "because I dont have the admin rights" and often have to manually open programs as an administrator.

When I install new programs, I often get error saying that the digital signatures could not be verified or that it is something wrong with the "integrity". I cant use the windows update, I get the 800B0001 error. I have tried running Microsoft FixIt, but then I also get an error saying that it could not be installed because there was something wrong with the intergrity.

I have scanned with antiviruses several times (AVG, Avast, Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D). I had some kind of PUP.Optional "adware" (I dont think its classified as adware). I have deleted it and all the files and registry keys with it. It seems that some of it may be left since I get redirected to "www.my-online-search.com" when I open new tabs in firefox.

I have tried running SFC /SCANNOW, where it found several damaged files but could not repair them. I have tried to check out the log file, but I don't have the rights to open it. It seems like "TrustedInstaller.exe" is preventing me from opening it. I have also runned CHKDSK.

I have cleaned the whole computer, runned defragmentation and deleted 100gb of files and softwares. I have also done everything to increase performance (even windows 98 design, removed wallpaper and almost no startup programs). Is there any way to simply repair windows? I dont have the CD, it was already installed when I got the computer. I dont want to spend up to 100$ to just open a chat with microsoft, lol.

Some help would make me really happy :)

Thanks!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strata

strata

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

The best i can advise, try advanced systemcare.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.php

do an advanced scan. check everything. 

also this may help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

otherwise you can wait for someone else to respond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users