Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown rootkit google update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alexbelliveau

alexbelliveau

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hello,

I have run SpyHunter 4 several times to remove some threats, but I still haven't been able to rid my computer of this infection.  The threats listed are:

{Unknown Rootkit} Google Update

Path: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run::Google Update

{Unknown Rootkit} GoogleUpdate.exe
Path: C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Google\Desktop\Install\{5aa455da-77b0-7a91-7c72-119c51c0a466}\ [strange symbols looking like a heart, square and skull and crossbones]\{664a0c15c911-27c7-19a7-0b77-ad554aa5{ [more weird symbols]\GoogleUpdate.exe

What can I do? Someone please help. Thank you so much in advance

Alex

Edited by hamluis, 10 October 2013 - 12:05 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hbyton

hbyton

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

Please run a scan with both of these tools, they should create a log report when finished could you please add it in your next post

Malwarebytes anti rootkit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-rootkit/

TDSSkiller

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/

Any questions please feel free to ask

#3 dsxtech

dsxtech

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Ok, let's try this again...

This sounds like a recent version of ZeroAccess...

I second hbyton's suggestion of TDSSKiller and MAR and would suggest a follow up scan involving Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and Hitman Pro. I would recommend a different course of action as a first step, but that is heavily frowned upon in these forums apparently (what I get for not reading and just skimming).

If you've kept your Windows up to date, you can try the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool by doing Windows Key + R to get the Run dialog box and typing in mrt, hit Enter or click OK and try a Complete Scan.

It is best to install the antimalware software, update it, disconnect from the Internet and then scan...

Edited by dsxtech, 10 October 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#4 jimbean

jimbean

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

i dont know but i used kasperkey boot cd and ran a whole system scan i think its linux based

and it deleted the fbi scam on the bosses computer {where you have to send them money to unlock your pc}

great program

make sure u download the iso then burn a cd that boots before windows boots

u might have to run some different settings when it boots {kasperkey} to work with your video card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users