Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ubuntu vs windows 7 file management for assignment, HELP PLEASE!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hbyton

hbyton

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I am doing an assignment which involves comparing two operating systems, (i am doing ubuntu and windows 7) i have become a bit stuck on the bit where i have to compare the file management of both of the operating systems. I cant seem to find any information online so i wondered if somebody could give me some tips on the things i should be thinking about and maybe a link that i could go to that will explain this for me.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

you need to do some internet searches. took me about 5 minutes to find these two. hope this helps

http://us.generation-nt.com/comparison-windows-linux-mac-file-managers-review-2395311-1.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_differences_between_Windows_and_Linux

quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 hbyton

hbyton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thankyou very much :)

#4 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

remember use Key words not phrases.  Don't type: "what are the file system differences between the Linux OS and Windows 7."  Try instead to use things like

Linux, Windows 7, files, differences -windows8, Unix-, (file management)      

My context might be wrong there, but you can look them up at https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/136861?hl=en 

I think they call them search operators.

good luck

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users