Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to network after new windows install on ssd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Akusa202

Akusa202

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

I bought a Samsung 840 120gb ssd for my desktop and installed windows 7 on it. I installed the motherboard drivers and the drivers for the wireless adapter. When I try connecting to the internet it says windows cannot connect to network. I live on campus at school so the only internet available is the school wifi, no wired ethernet option. My wireless adapter is a tew-643pi. If i boot from my hdd and use my old windows installation I can connect to the network with no problems, its only when on my new windows installation on my ssd. 

Edited by hamluis, 10 October 2013 - 09:01 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Since you are using school wifi...have you contacted school IT administration personnel about the change?

Wifi came along long after my collegiate days :) but I suspect that the school may have instituted measures to ensure that only approved students have access...as opposed to anyone just passing by or in the area.  In any case, it won't hurt to ask and the personnel there exist to see to it that students have needed accomodations to the administered network.

Louis

#3 Akusa202

Akusa202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

When I try to connect a login prompt pops up and I put in my info and then it says windows cant connect to network.

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

You need to contact IT for your school.  Most likely they are using a domain, to protect their LAN, from those who should not be on it.  Again, you need to talk to your IT group for your school, not some strangers on a Internet board.  We cannot fix your problem.

#5 Akusa202

Akusa202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Anyways, I just went ahead and cloned my OS partition and migrated it over to my SSD and everything is working just fine. 

Edited by Akusa202, 12 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users