Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need Help with Gateway Factory Restore.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DoTreeBoy

DoTreeBoy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I purchased a gateway with the model number p-8622 and it looks like some bozo installed windows 7 on it without inserting the windows product key.  I tried to do the alt+f10 to bring up boot options but there are only three that (I believe they are usb reboot, cd reboot, and some other cord reboot) seem to have nothing to do with what I want.  The computer originally had windows vista on it and I was hoping their would be a way to use that partition to get rid of the non supported windows 7 and back to the vista that came with the computer.  I know that I can reinstall vista but I would have to buy a new product key (which is lame considering their has already been one on this computer at one point in time.)  When I tried to restore through windows 7 route it only lets me go back to when windows 7 was installed.  I searched for restore files and there are restore files in C for like 9/1/2008 which would be when the computer was new and I was wondering if there is anyway to try and run these files or boot off of them.  Any help or advice on my predicament would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Open the Control panel, go to System and Security and click on System.

At the bottom you should see if this copy is activated or not.  If it is activated, it's probably a legal copy.

You should ask the party you purchased this from if it is an upgrade or a fresh installation.  In either case they should have the product key and be willing to give it to you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users