Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible TDSS, unable to find

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpencerDr

SpencerDr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

A few days ago, I noticed some odd behavior from my computer, unsure of the source as to how I got it, but I've been experiencing and noticed the following odd quirks:

- My IE and Chrome google searches, half the time, get redirected to various ad sites.  This raises a rootkit/TDSS flag to me.

- Typing in IE, Chrome and some other programs becomes troublesome, as keystrokes are not registered.

- Extremely slow loading times for most websites that I know I am able to load much faster.

- Multple IE processes in background, even if IE is not loaded.  Force-closing the IE processes does not work, as they either reload themselves, or they stay down for some minutes but pop up at a later time.

Luckily, I must have either a light (possible) version of it, or just one that isn't as vicious, as I can still seemingly run anti-virus software and other such programs without any trouble.  But it doesn't seem to help the problem.

I ran the TDSSKiller, but nothing was found.  My AVG also finds no such malware.

Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hello SpencerDR

This is most likely deep and protected. We should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users