Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Seasun

Seasun

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504578/error-messages-when-trying-to-install-or-open-security-software/ - Hamluis.

CPU is running at 100%,  I get error messages when I try to install software; especially any kind of diagnostic software...When I try to open some programs, I get error messages such as:
  "The application or DLL name.DLL is not a valid windows Image. Please check this against your installation diskette."
"the server threw an exception, clas ID xxxxxx"
 "xxxxxx is not a valid win32 application"
"Access violation at address xxxxxxx in module xxxxxx"

System Restore is not working.
Windows Update is not updating

I've run Spybot and malawarebytes, and they've found and removed malware. My Norton anti virus only finds cookies, and I am unable to install or run any other virus scanners, even online scanners such as ESET return an error message.

I tried to run DDS both in normal  and safe modes but it hangs at about  80%,  and when  I check the processes running in the task manager, I see the following aside from DDS.com:
PEV.DAT, SED.DAT, cmd.exe,

I can stop all of the above from running including DDS but soon after, MBR.DAT appears in the task manager, and there's no way to end it because once it appears, the computer invariably freezes.   

Seasun

Edited by hamluis, 09 October 2013 - 03:50 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users