Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OS hangs, crashes and slowdown

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi,

My laptop experiences regular slowdown when using programs including browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. Sometimes, Firefox freezes and even crashes when I try to visit any website, including searching on Google. 

Furthermore, it seems that there are fake programs such as spyware, etc. that keep popping up and this is very annoying.

Please can you assist me in resolving these problems.

Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 09 October 2013 - 02:42 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

If you're infected turn off your computer, then turn it on and keep pressing F8 while it's starting, you'll get a menu, choose "Safe mode with Networking".

Once you're logged on in Safe mode go to here: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.html

Install and update, then run a quick scan. Then I suggest you download and run Hitman Pro, to scan for any remnants of Malware. 

http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/

Choose the correct version for your operating system, 32 bit or 64 bit. If you're not sure what version you have click the start button, right click on 'Computer' then click Properties.

It should look like this

4LThU.PNG

If your computer is still slow after removing the Malware it could be to do with your RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, or too many programs on start-up.

A nice scan and clean with CCleaner should help you with the speed of your computer: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

It should scan through the Registry and temporary files and remove any errors or files you don't need.

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

#3 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Greetings there ferozpatel_1 and welcome to Bleeping Computer. :welcome:

Hello Fluttershy.

I'd say the first couple of steps that Fluttershy outlined are good steps to take but regarding the CCleaner, I would strongly suggest you read over this post before you take that step.

You may also considering posting a bit more information using this as your guide.

Good luck.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#4 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

I have scanned with Malwarebytes and Hitmanpro. I used the Cleaner function of the CCleaner program, but I didn't clean the Registry since you advised that it's risky.

Here is some information:

Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit

Acer Aspire laptop

#5 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sorry, one more thing.

Everything looks fine and my Firefox browser now actually works. However, there are still some weird programs such as Optimizer Pro, that actually makes the browser lag a bit. Is there anyway to clean this up and make my computer running free of all this?

#6 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Sorry, one more thing.

Everything looks fine and my Firefox browser now actually works. However, there are still some weird programs such as Optimizer Pro, that actually makes the browser lag a bit. Is there anyway to clean this up and make my computer running free of all this?

Click on the start button, go to the Control panel, at the bottom left click "Uninstall a program".

You'll get a list of installed programs, find Optimizer Pro and uninstall it.

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

#7 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

I uninstalled Optimizer Pro. Thank you!

Here's the situation now - and it's bad :( : Firefox and even other browsers are lagging a lot. Every time I do something, there is a couple of seconds of delay as the browser hangs.

So please tell me how to resolve this. Do you want me to post any logs from scans? Please give me any specific instructions. 

#8 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I think my computer needs to be fully cleaned up. So can you please assist me in this process with telling me to posting logs and taking me step-by-step?

#9 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Please download and use this software: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/

Once it's done click File and Publish Snapshot, then post the URL here.

4Spoh.png

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

#10 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thanks. Here's the URL: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aC6H4Yb6r7OqPaOrsgtBGKM

#11 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Your computer is fine, dunno why it would be running slow, although you do have a lot of things running, like McAfee... which is known for slowing down computers a lot.

It also says you have MSE installed, you don't really need more than 1 Antivirus, so just keep MSE and MBAM installed, and get rid of McAfee, it should speed it up.

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

#12 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yeah. I've been trying to remove Mcafee but it comes up with this window and there's nothing to remove:

NyzLk3F.jpg

So, how can I completely remove it?

Furthermore, couldn't someone ask me to scan using a particular program and the post any logs?

#13 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Use this to remove all McAfee software: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/mcafee_consumer_product_removal_tool.html

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

#14 ferozpatel_1

ferozpatel_1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

Thank you. That worked.

So, regarding the rest, shall I scan and post a log from Malwarebytes? Because I think there is other red stuff there.

#15 Fluttershy

Fluttershy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, MBAM is good. Make sure to update first, thanks.

Qh0JjLo.jpg

Fluttershy is best pony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users