Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was on this site and this tried to download

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 woodsman345

woodsman345

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Not sure what this is, maybe someone can tell me. I was not logged in but on this site and had to step away from the computer for a few minutes. When I returned my anti virus was on the screen blocking a download from Optimum Installers   xufcdvfb.exe.part   

Any clue as to what this is? I did not click on anything.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Advertisements are shown on this site unless you are logged on with your forum account as a registered member. These are AdSense Google Ads which is allowed in order to defray the cost (pay the bills) of maintaining the board. Although the site owner permits ads, we have no control over them and BC does not recommend or endorse any of the advertisements. Sometimes the ads are for downloading junk registry cleaners and optimizers or other worthless applications we do not recommend. When not logged on, some folks may click the incorrect download link or unknowingly click a link which downloads or attempts to download a program they did not intend to install. Again, if you are logged in to the forum, you should not see any advertisements and that's one reason we encourage our members to sign in first.

BC does not allow popups to be displayed on the site. If one is being shown it is either a rogue advertisement or an infection on your computer.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users