Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't download anything frome e-mail!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Daneck

Daneck

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

and yes I have tried checking permisions ,settings and ran virus and malwear scans no luck . any Ideas ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,882 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Error messages?

Can you send email?

Email client, provider?

Any other system anomalies which you have recognized?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#3 Daneck

Daneck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hi yea thanks but that is the problem, can't download toolbox either ! I have checked all permitions and settings ,and ran virus and malwear scans , nothing am I  missing something !? even tried downloading a trusted file with no firwall , still didn't work !

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

What exactly do you mean by not being able to download anything from email? Are you trying to download attachments or files someone sent? Is email not downloading into your email client? Something else?

Please be specific.

Also answer the questions asked by hamluis

Error messages?

Can you send email?

Email client, provider?

Something is certainly going on since you can't download MiniToolBox.

What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

When did the problem start? Have you tried a system restore back to a point just before the problem started? If not, please do so. Then check to see if it resolved your issue. If you need instructions on how to do a system restore please ask.

If it does not resolve it:

Do you have other user accounts set up on your computer? If so, go to the desktop of a different user and see if you can download MiniToolBox. If not, go to Control Panel/User Accounts and set up an account for testing purposes to see if you can do from there. (you can also set one up for testing if you don't want to do it on an existing account)

Post the results of the testing. This will help us determine if the issue is specific to your user account or a system wide issue.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 October 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,882 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

You can always download on another system...burn the files to CD/DVD...and then install from CD/DVD.

I'm sure that you have access to another system, somewhere.  Friends, neighbors, enemies...they all have systems these days :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users