Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My pc wont start

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Leighton27

Leighton27

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

I was replacing older hardware with newer hardware. So as i turn on my PC nothing shows up on the monitor due to all the changes, so i decided to reset the BIOS which i think i did it successfully for i moved the jumper to the reset cmos and i saw an instant flash in the motherboard. Now everything is inserted properly and the fan in spinning and everything runs inside the pc but how do i view the monitor i get no signal but I'm sure i did everything right?

Moderator Edit: merged two posts into this one.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 09 October 2013 - 06:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer Leighton :)

2 things you might want to check first. Video card and onboard video (builtin chip) and RAM sticks not compatible/faulty and not inserted properly.

Please post the computer brand or motherboard model and changes for a more definite solution to your problem next time.

Tekken

#3 Leighton27

Leighton27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer Leighton :)

2 things you might want to check first. Video card and onboard video (builtin chip) and RAM sticks not compatible/faulty and not inserted properly.

Please post the computer brand or motherboard model and changes for a more definite solution to your problem next time.

Oh sorry everything is plugged in properly and nothing is faulty for i changed a video card and that's what started all this trouble, also i have no beep noise when the pc starts.

Before i made changes i had:

JW-H67M-USB3 motherboard

8GB RAM

Onboard Graphics

3V CR2032 Newsun Battery

After upgrade:

12GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics card

3V CR2032 Lithium Battery (brand new never used)

Edited by Leighton27, 09 October 2013 - 02:45 AM.

#4 Leighton27

Leighton27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

I was replacing older hardware with newer hardware. So as i turn on my pc nothing shows up on the monitor due to all the changes, so i decided to reset the BIOS which i think i did it sucessfully for i moved the jumper to the reset cmos and i saw an instant flash in the motherboard. Now everything is inserted properly and the fan in spinning and everything runs inside the pc but how do i view the monitor i get no signal but i'm sure i did everything right? everything is plugged in properly and nothing is faulty for i changed a video card and that's what started all this trouble, also i have no beep noise when the pc starts.

JW-H67M-USB3 motherboard

8GB RAM

Onboard Graphics

3V CR2032 Newsun Battery

After upgrade:

12GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics card

Edited by hamluis, 09 October 2013 - 12:11 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Try removing the video card and use the onboard graphics alternately with a stick of RAM if more than 2 are currently being used.

Tekken

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#7 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Could be that your BIOS is set to use integrated graphics and it's not seeing the video card. Easy way to troubleshoot is to plug your monitor into the onboard video that's built into the motherboard. Does the screen come on then? If so, then go into your BIOS and see if you can find a section dedicated to video/graphics. Once you find the section, see if there's a way to change from onboard to pci-e. Once that's done, then save the changes by pressing F10 and then choose yes. After that, then try to connect your monitor to your video card and see if your screen comes on.

Edited by chrisd87, 09 October 2013 - 02:08 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

If all that fails then try taking the computer back to how it was before the upgrade. Test, if it works do one change at a time to pin down the problem.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#9 Leighton27

Leighton27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Try removing the video card and use the onboard graphics alternately with a stick of RAM if more than 2 are currently being used.

Yes i have done that, also if i remove every RAM stick and the graphics i get the exact same thing, no beeps.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

I can't download minitoolbox if the pc wont start... but thanks....

Could be that your BIOS is set to use integrated graphics and it's not seeing the video card. Easy way to troubleshoot is to plug your monitor into the onboard video that's built into the motherboard. Does the screen come on then? If so, then go into your BIOS and see if you can find a section dedicated to video/graphics. Once you find the section, see if there's a way to change from onboard to pci-e. Once that's done, then save the changes by pressing F10 and then choose yes. After that, then try to connect your monitor to your video card and see if your screen comes on.

I believe this is whats happened although maybe the graphics drivers are not there or something, i have always used my graphics card which is fine and then i switched to onboard to try it out which worked fine. As i switched back to the graphics card it wouldn't start up, now both the onboard or the graphics card don't display anything.

If all that fails then try taking the computer back to how it was before the upgrade. Test, if it works do one change at a time to pin down the problem.

Good Luck

Roger

Yes i have tried that, but i get no beeps and nothing changes even with the minimum specs.

#10 LadyMorella

LadyMorella

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Does anything come on? Fans? Lights?

#11 Leighton27

Leighton27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

Does anything come on? Fans? Lights?

Yes everything starts up as stated i see lights lit up and the fan spins. It's the graphics which wont seem to give a signal.

#12 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Have you tried resetting the BIOS once more to see if it will load the defaults?

#13 Leighton27

Leighton27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Have you tried resetting the BIOS once more to see if it will load the defaults?

Well with my JW-H67M-USB3 motherboard i noticed there's only two pins in the cmos reset bit and there's usually three in most motherboards, so there's a good chance it hasn't fully reset. Although even with two pins i put the jumper on them and wait five minutes then take it off and power it up. Is there a guide for a two pin mobo or something, maybe i missed something?

Edited by Leighton27, 12 October 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#14 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

The jumper will reset it, but you should have a cmos battery that you should take out of the motherboard as well.

#15 Leighton27

Leighton27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

The jumper will reset it, but you should have a cmos battery that you should take out of the motherboard as well.

Yes of course i removed the battery, i have also tried to use the same battery as i stated before....

3V CR2032 Newsun Battery

After upgrade:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users