Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, Laptop keeps waking up seconds after going to sleep.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iSayChris

iSayChris

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

LAPTOP:
- HP DV6-6c15nr
- Windows 7 64-Bit
- Intel Core i5 2450M(2.50GHz)
- 6GB Memory 500GB HDD
- Intel HD Graphics 3000

Hey guys. i need help with a problem. My laptop wakes up seconds after it goes to sleep.. The battery ends up dying if i dont connect to charger. i realized this problem started occurring after i experienced my first BSOD on this laptop on October 4th. i remember it said something about ntkernal or something like that. Unfortunely, i do not have the bsod dumpfile as it got deleted from cleaning some files with iobit. But, i did take a screenshot of the bsod notification. See here

Also, I looked in the event log and it said something about some bugcheck: eventviewer files here

0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8006237a10, 0xfffff80000b9c3d8, 0xfffffa8008b67ca0).

i only copied 20 files after from when it happened, so if you need more info i can provide.

some things i tried already:

powercfg -lastwake

it just said type:fixed feature power button.

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

it said mouse and keyboard, so i removed the wireless usb dongle for my mouse. still laptop wakes up after sleep.

allow wake timers in advanced power options is disabled

please help me, this is really annoying.

Edited by iSayChris, 09 October 2013 - 01:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

Hi

0x09F blue screen means a driver is in inconsistent power state when a power state transition happens. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do without the actual crash dump files. Please force the system to blue screen by entering in to standby or hibernation. Once you got at lease two dumps, zip and attach with the reply.

#3 iSayChris

iSayChris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hi

0x09F blue screen means a driver is in inconsistent power state when a power state transition happens. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do without the actual crash dump files. Please force the system to blue screen by entering in to standby or hibernation. Once you got at lease two dumps, zip and attach with the reply.

Hello, its been like 3 weeks since this happen and i cannot replicate the BSOD. Everything seems to be working fine, just that my laptop wont sleep with the lid open, but will if the lid is down. One thing i also tried was disabling all services in msconfig that werent microsoft related. still the problem persists.

also made sure the network adapter and mouse/keyboard were disabled to laptop not to wake up.

i looked into the event logger again and it said

The system has resumed from sleep.

Sleep Time: ‎2013‎-‎10‎-‎23T05:12:52.516524700Z
Wake Time: ‎2013‎-‎10‎-‎23T05:13:03.227041600Z

Wake Source: Power Button

how can it be the power button when i did not press it ? does this mean my power button is messed up?

One more thing. i tried disabling mscupdate in task schedulars but when i enter task scedular i get hit with this error:
the selected task "{0}" no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh.

Edited by iSayChris, 23 October 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#4 iSayChris

iSayChris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

please help. if nothing can be done, i can reformat my laptop in hopes it solves the problem.

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Sorry for the late reply mate.

Please try setting your current power plan to Balanced by reading the below guide.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/778-power-plan-settings-change.html

After that, update the system BIOS to the latest. Please download it from the below link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60655.exe

Report whether it helps.

#6 iSayChris

iSayChris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Sorry for the late reply mate.

Please try setting your current power plan to Balanced by reading the below guide.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/778-power-plan-settings-change.html

After that, update the system BIOS to the latest. Please download it from the below link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60655.exe

Report whether it helps.

its alright. i tried both of things you said but the problem is still there.

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi

Please follow instructions from the below link and set Windows to write Small memory dumps when BSOD happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

After you got at least two crashes, open C:\Windows\Minidump folder and copy all files inside it to another folder. Zip that folder and either attach it with the next reply or upload to a free file hosting site.

Example file hosting sites :

Without the crash dumps, i won't be able to find any possible reason behind the crashes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users