Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Telemarketer blocker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Looking for a free telemarketing blocker software for a landline phone to do just that. Can someone recommend one they use or have used?

thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan on integrating that software into a landline setup?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 502 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

well if you look at something like callclerk or phonetray pro, both are caller id for pc, there are options in the software that allow you to block calls. Those you have to pay about $40 for added options which i do not planning on buying. I assume there is a free blocking software that can do it too.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,330 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Being a former land line technician I don't see how software comes into play. The only way I see software being involved is with VoIP or software configured phone system. Both of which are not a land line as I know them. A true land line comes from a tel-co central office via copper wires and its hard wired to a Network Interface on the side of your dwelling then is wired to a jack within the dwelling. You plug a regular telephone into the RJ11 jack on the wall or baseboard. I don't see how software can be introduced anywhere in a land line configuration.

EDIT: With a quick Google search I was able to find some forum entries that Phonetray Pro. was never finished and that the final version did not work as well as advertised.

http://800notes.com/forum/ta-81af10376422f2b/any-software-alternative-to-phonetray

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 502 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

sorry, I was on and thinking about landline. I meant my vonage line.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,330 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Vonage is VoIP. Not a true land line, big difference to someone who worked on them.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users