Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connectivity Issues - Primary DNS server not responding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nauger93

Nauger93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing a very frustrating problem with my internet the past 4 days or so, and so far nothing I have done has fixed it. What happens is that when I begin to play an online game with a few friends (League of Legends), within about 20 minutes, our skype call drops and web pages stop loading. The confusing part is that the I can continue to play the online game, and according to the internet connectivity icon in my taskbar I am still connected to the internet. Only when I run a troubleshoot do I receive the "Primary DNS server not responding" error message, and I am then forced to wait 30 minutes or so until the internet returns.

I have tried this with both ethernet and wirelessly, it occurs regardless. I have also tried (1) changing from automatically acquiring a DNS to choosing a specific DNS server, (2) flushing dns and ip on the command prompt, (3) factory resetting the gateway and creating an entirely new connection, and (4) contacting my ISP's support several times to no avail (apparently my connection is perfectly fine according to their tests). I also tried uninstalling the game and even after it was removed, I continued to experience periods of non-connectivity.

This is a very confusing problem for me because I don't understand how I lose connection in terms of skype calls ending and no longer being able to browse the web, but can still play the online game and appear connected to my internet.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated, as I have spent hours upon hours trying to find a solution. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer Nauger93 :)

Have you considered the problem towards any hardware problem like the router or loose/faulty cabling itself? Did you isolate the skype calls not dropping when not playing online games?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users