Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron - White Screen


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 canigetanamen

canigetanamen

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hello all! Ive been looking around for the past few months now for DIY tutorials and whatnot concerning my predicament to no avail, so I've decided to turn to the masses for assistance. I own a dell inspiron 15r running windows 7 home premium. I've had this computer since December 2011 and had no problems with it until late August. 

 

Problem:

 

I noticed my screen would freeze up and lightly turn to white over a period of 5-6 seconds. The only immediate remedy I've found is to push directly underneath the screen. As long as I push now, thats how long the screen will work. If I were to let go, the screen would turn to white over a few seconds again. No other problems exist in regards to the system.

 

I've never seen this before in my life and would greatly appreciate any feedback as to what this problem may be, and hopefully any fast fixes. I could take it to my local computer repair shop, but seeing as how I'm more of a DIY person, I'd like to keep my wallet in check as mush as possible. 

 

I've attached links to some pictures of my problem:

http://i.imgur.com/ePMN5en.jpg - White Screen (Dont mind the black lines, camera issue)

http://i.imgur.com/HuRyTHW.jpg - Only fix so far

 

 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

-CanIGetAnAmen


Edited by hamluis, 09 October 2013 - 07:23 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 rotor123

rotor123

  • Moderator
  • 8,093 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi,

Since it is a Dell, When the Dell Logo appears on the Screen Press the F2 key to go to the Bios Setup screen and let it sit there.

Does the Screen go White?

I'm guessing it does and if it goes white without booting Windows that makes it hardware.

 

 

As long as I push now, thats how long the screen will work. If I were to let go, the screen would turn to white over a few seconds again

This tells me 99% it is a bad screen, I've seen it before. The other 1% it could be a loose connection to the screen.

 


Warning! Please read this first.
Service manual warning, be aware it is easy to damage laptop parts opening it up.

 

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-15r-n5110_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

 

You could get lucky

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19435596.aspx

 

Good Luck

Roger

 


Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015


#3 BKSeoul

BKSeoul

  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Probably the LCD inverter board.  Not to expensive, but it means you will need to partially disassemble to fix.  Otherwise, you will need to seek professional help to do so.  Shouldn't cost/take more than 1-2 hours of labor.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users