Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automaticaaly Install Network Printer At Startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shiva

shiva

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:05 AM

Hi,
I have a windows 2003 server on which file server and print server role is configured.Whenever any computer configured to domain login on this server logon, at that time due to bat file in netlogon executes and automatically maps the shared folder of this server.net use command has been used for this purpose.But now I tried to have the printers which are installed and shared on this server to be automatically installed when client logon to domain but each time the script show device successfully installed but when I open printer and fax in cntrol panel no printer is found there.for automatically installing printer also i have used net use command.So if anyone know the commaand or script to make the printer automaticaaly install on startup when client logon to domain please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowee

cowee

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:57 AM

If you are using:

net use lpt1: \\server\printer

then the printer will not show up under printers and faxes