Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hitman Pro will not boot - "couldn't open multidisk partition"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 jamiemorgan

jamiemorgan

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

I have a pc that is really infected with Homeland Security Ransomware. The screen pops up in Safemode as well as regular before any program is allowed to run or scan for anything. I tried to download a usb bootable version of Hitman Pro but keep getting the following error when I ...backup

first step, download the hitman pro and create a bootable copy on a usb drive...done

insert usb drive on infected pc then turn on....done

hit f12 for boot options...done

choose USB boot options and chose 1 for bypass master boot record...done

The first time I did it, nothing happened. It didn't respond. I let it sit for a really long time ....hard boot pc because it LOCKED UP!

Ran again USB Boot Options...1 as per instructions...done

HitmanPro.Kickstart booting

MBR read

then at the top of the page
"couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)

NTLDR: couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)

I made sure in the setup that my pc was setup to boot from usb, and it is.

The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX520

What is going on?

What can I do?

I read other threads, but they all mention running scans from the desktop. That is not happening with this pc....The white screen that has that mumbojumbo about Homeland security comes up.

Couldn't open multi disk partition

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jamiemorgan

jamiemorgan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

One more thing. When the pc boots up or attempts to react, the keyboard goes out. It won't respond

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

#4 jamiemorgan

jamiemorgan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Bleepin Madman: Thank you for the information. I printed it out, the only problem is I cannot access the damaged pc to gather any data or logs.

1 thing that I did try is that I tried to hit 2 or 3 instead of 1 on the hitman pro boot options from usb. 3 worked, NOW....This pc was on another network and is configured for that network. Hitman Pro apparently must use the internet. I can connect my network's cable, but it won't find the network or connect to the internet. I cannot access any settings on the pc at all.

Heck, the Homeland Security screen won't even show. All I get is a white screen with :

"Please connect to the internet..." on it.

#5 jamiemorgan

jamiemorgan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

I  moved the pc to my office so that I could set it side by side on my desk and have assistance. I am going to take it back to the water plant where the network is and try to rig up some way to have access to my log here.

#6 jamiemorgan

jamiemorgan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Also, just went to hitmanpro.com and found out that because this is a business pc or on a business domain the free 30 day trial is not available. I got it to run by choosing option 3.

#7 jamiemorgan

jamiemorgan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

new topic:  Homeland Security on business pc-hitman pro won't work

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,971 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Continued here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510239/homeland-security-on-business-pc-hitman-pro-wont-work/

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users