Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performing an Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MkAdvil

MkAdvil

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Going from this http://www.sendspace.com/file/lhqiqb

To this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

What CPU are you going to be using with that motherboard?  You may also have to repurchase Windows if you have an OEM/System Builder edition due to licensing. The HIS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition is more powerful than a non-Ti version of a 660, but is less powerful than a Ti.  It does cost the same as a non-Ti.

3939.png

#3 MkAdvil

MkAdvil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

O cant see the Speccy? Sucks. Well its a Phenom 2 x6 1100T should work just fine with the Mobo and I have windows 7 64 bit.
The video card is around the same as 7870 but 7870 costs $50 more and doesnt come with free batman game. haha.

Main question is just if this setup works. I am betting it will.

Edited by MkAdvil, 07 October 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

It should work, but I still say that 7870 would be a better value given it's performance advantage and two free games.  Here's a list of the games you can choose from.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users