Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

H Drive? I Can't Get Out!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steph1507

Steph1507

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:51 PM

I tried to restart my computer from scratch but I ended up in the H drive, which has so little memory. Anyways I need help getting back to using my C drive, I can access files in the C drive, but not save into it or do any kind of work in in. I'd be willing to restart from scratch again, and reinstall everything. The memory shortage is really an issue. I have a pretty basic computer with XP on it, and..512 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM. I don't know if this helps with solving my problem, as you can probably tell by everything I've just said that I don't know very much about these machines. Anyways, Help Please! Thanks ahead of time.

Mod Edit: Moved to the appropriate forum. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 28 April 2006 - 10:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

Hello! Are all those partitions on the 80 gb drive? If so, and you have your data backed up and a restore cd, you can reinstall xp and delete all the partitions when you get to the format portion of the install. Make sure you don't have any hidden partitions that you need (my HP does] before you delete some thing you need.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 Steph1507

Steph1507
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for the help, I do have the discs, the problem I think I was having was getting past the password (or administrators code) when I do install, but I read on this site on how to lower the security setting to bypass this. I really hope it works. If you have any other advice, please enlighten me. If not, thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users