Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor display narrowed at the time of booting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Riaz35

Riaz35

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

I have a problem here and want suggestions to solve it. Actually its the problem with one of my friend's computer. A few days back he encountered this problem. While the PC booting, the screen becomes narrowed from two sides as if squeezed. When windows is loaded it becomes fine again. He has dual boot, one Windows 8 and the other is Windows 7 Pro. In both cases the same thing happens. The monitor is narrowed only while booting. He has a widescreen LED Monitor (17").

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Riaz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Try running an auto adjust when starting.

It coule be there was an update to a driver somewhere and now the bios screen is a different resolution.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

The BIOS screen should be in 640x480 default resolution, and I does this impair the users ability to enter and navigate the BIOS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users