Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop pointer problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smink

smink

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Computer/ Dell Vostro 3750 Laptop win 7 hm premium

i3 processor @2.1ghz 3 gig ram/ service tag 8C480Q1

Problem: The following just recently started within the last 2 months; When I type an e-mail or anything else, the mouse pointer seems to jump around and enter the new typed text anywhere on the page. This is driving me crazy as the inserted text does not belong where it appears.

I thought that I might be dragging my fingers on the touch pad, but it is not the case. The shifting is happening at random and not caused by my touching the touch pad.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I would uninstall the current touchpad drivers....then reboot and allow them to reinstall.

I would also try a mouse, for comparative puposes.  If issue is merely touchpad, the mouse should work fine, but if mouse has problem...it's something more significant in impact.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users