Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD stop error 0x00000116 How to remove TR/Dropper.gen virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PastaStarz

PastaStarz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Mod Edit:   Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Hello,

While using my computer today I encountered a BSOD that gave me the error code 0x0000116. I looked up how I could prevent further crashes like this and I found a website that told me to try running Reimage to see what is wrong with my computer. I downloaded the Reimage program but I did not purchase a license key so it simply scanned my computer and told me what was wrong with it. It turns out my computer is infected with a TR/Dropper.gen virus. However, because I do not wish to purchase a license key for Reimage, I want to know if there is a different way that I can remove this virus, preferably one where I do not need to purchase anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here is some information about my computer:

Windows 7 VAIO sony computer
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz by GenuineIntel
2294Mhz L2 Cache 512KB 64bit

Videocard: LogMeIn Mirror Driver

I have also attached a picture of the BSOD message

-PastaStarz
Attached File  image.jpg   126.06KB   0 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 07 October 2013 - 12:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer forum.

Whatever program you used to scan the system is simply trying to steal your money. What you are experiencing is a BSOD 0x116 which is caused by video card related issues. It could be either a faulty driver, overheating graphic chip or a failing graphic chip. Although there might be infections in your system, this particular stop code won't be caused by that.

My first recommendation to upgrade the display drivers. First uninstall AMD graphic driver and Intel graphics driver (if it is a hybrid display system) and install the latest one available at SONY support site.

To remove any possible infections, please open a new thread in the "Am i infected" section.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 07 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users