Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe (netsvcs) running at 50-100%

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kowasaki23

kowasaki23

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hello,

My computer is currently running at 50+% with nothing open, making even basic operation painstaking.  Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP 2.  I have Malwarebytes installed, and have run cleanups using CCleaner.  This is a relatively recent problem, I have had virus issues in the past but not operation issues like this one.  I tried HP support (wanted a boot disk, ended up paying for a tech to download Revo Uninstaller & MSE).  Uninstalled many non-essential programs.  First had an issue with svchost.exe for Windows updates; disabled the updates and that cleared up, only to be replaced by this.  I don't know that it is a good idea to end the process tree, and I have no idea what services are nonessential or how to identify a leak.  The services under the offending svchost.exe are: 

Winmgmt (Windows Management Instrumentation)

Themes

ShellHWDetection (Shell Hardware Detection)

SENS (System Event Notification Service)

Schedule (Task Scheduler)

RaasMan (Remote Access Connection Manager)

ProfSvc (User Profile Service)

MMCSS (Multimedia Class Scheduler)

LanmanServer (Server)

IpHlpSvc (IP Helper)

gpsvc (Group Policy Client)

EapHost (Extensible Authentication Protocol)

Appinfo (Application Information)

AeLookupSvc (Application Experience)

Any suggestions on what to try next?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.. this is making life just a little more difficult than it should be.

Update 10/6: I did a system restore, which brought back the Windows Update problem.  Upon ending that process tree, another svchost.exe start the consumption.  HELP?!

Thanks!

Edited by kowasaki23, 07 October 2013 - 08:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users