Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashed during MMO play

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Samsayia

Samsayia

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hello and thank you in advance for what you do,

I downloaded and have been playing a free vanilla version of World Of Warcraft set up on a private server, called Emerald Dream Vanilla, developed by the Feenix Project. I've had the following problem both in vanilla WoW, and in a different Free-to-Play called Rusty Hearts, published by Perfect World E. At complete random the game will freeze and the audio will start to skip, after 5-10seconds after the intial freeze my whole computer will freeze up and lock, making me force shut down my computer. I've tried several of Emerald Dream's little fixes such as clearing cache, attempting to run the game both in DX9 or DX11. So far, no little tweaks the developers have have worked. It's really weird, because I managed to play through level1-10, and I only crashed like once or twice. Once I moved to the 11-20 area, I couldn't stay in-game hardly 10 minutes. I went to the major cities and experienced no lag and only one crash upon entering the congested area. In Rusty Hearts, the game also froze at random, regardless of where I was or whatever my character was doing. Though in Rusty Hearts I also couldn't manage to stay in-game longer than 1-2minutes before it would freeze and crash.

The following is a speccy snapshot.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/3ABRkRxymXwSZohIYGkPaBb

I can't quite get any information from Emerald Dream, but if anything, the Specs needed for Emerald Dream are the exact same as the specs needed for the very first version of World of Warcraft, before any expansion packs were added. I've also recently updated my video card, but that did not help at all.

Edited by Samsayia, 06 October 2013 - 10:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Samsayia

Samsayia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

:< Is there anyone who might have some advice? I reaaallly would like to play WoW, but the issue is very persistent ;x;
I don't want to try re-installing the video card driver D': I'm afraid I'll mess it up somehow and corrupt my OS or something.

Edited by Samsayia, 15 October 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#3 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,346 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

You would most likely need to consult directly with the creators of the private server.

SInce it is a custom vanilla server there is a giant list of possible causes for your problem.

For example:

Something could be wrong with their code, or how your computer communicates with their server, or you could be missing key game files, or you have certain hardware that was not optimized (on their end) to run with their client, or it could be driver problems.. etc.

...The list goes on and on.

Again, I would strongly suggest contacting the creators directly.

Edited by King_Yoshi, 16 October 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#4 Samsayia

Samsayia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

D: I was afraid of that. submitting a ticket to them in-game is fairly difficult because it's hard for me to stay in-game. i will do my best ;x; hopefully they might be able to help. thank you for the response.

#5 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,346 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

D: I was afraid of that. submitting a ticket to them in-game is fairly difficult because it's hard for me to stay in-game. i will do my best ;x; hopefully they might be able to help. thank you for the response.

Don't they have a forum or an email address that you could use to get in contact with them?

Most private servers have a  webpage with a help section.

#6 Samsayia

Samsayia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

They sort of do. I went through all their forums and such, but every forum they have says "No issue reporting here." and they insist on using the in-game ticket system. I haven't tried contacting any of the devs via e-mail. I guess I'll have to look into it soon if I can't stay in-game long enough to use the ticket system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users