Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death problem with uTorrent, how can I solve?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tainacstr

tainacstr

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

A couple of days ago, everytime I start to download something from uTorrent, within a few minutes the blue screen shows up with the error message of: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys)
I've already clean my temp files and nothing! Please, how can I solve this problem?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Your issue seems to be caused by mfehidk.sys which is a part of McAfee Antivirus

fffff880`02fb3a68 fffff880`01385b30Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mfehidk.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfehidk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfehidk.sys 

McAfee is well known to cause BSOD when torrent clients are present. In fact most third party firewalls are doing the same. This issue is known for years and they are never able to fix it.

Source : https://community.mcafee.com/thread/39084 

Please uninstall McAfee Security Center from Control Panel--> Programs and Features first. After the uninstall finishes, download and run McAfee Product Removal Tool  from the below link to remove the leftover drivers completely.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Run the tool as administrator (right click --> Run as Administrator) and follow on screen instructions. Report how the system works in next reply. 

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 07 October 2013 - 07:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users